Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Welcome 2013

Just like everyone else's, our 2012 came and went with a flash.

When I look back at some of the year's blog posts, I'm amazed at what's happened in one short year.  Myles went from learning to sit to running us ragged.  We took our first camping trip and our first road trip.  Celebrated the first birthday of a boy who has captured our hearts with his devious giggle and SO much more.

Here's how Dan and I welcomed 2013 -

We made dinner reservations for six at a new restaurant called Lincoln Whiskey Kitchen.  Early in the day, we dropped down to four - the Kojak's sitter caught the infamous bug and had to cancel.  Later in the afternoon, Jeff and Katie had to bow out due to a nasty cold Katie had caught.

Our smaller table -- the others were there with us in spirit
but it was also nice to have a rare date night as well.

Food was delish - and free!  We didn't notice the delay but
the waitress apologized for the long wait between our apps
and entrees and told us we would be compensated for them.
They took both of our entrees entirely off the bill.
Happy New Years! 

Then we headed over to the Improv comedy club to ring in the new year and see comedian Tammy Pescatelli.  She was very funny.  Laughed a lot at her and her opener (which we later found out was her husband - imagine what family events are like!)

Just a few minutes until 2013.
Tammy is second from the left.  


Along with the show came noise makers,
hats, balloon drop (which was directly over
our heads) and champagne toast.




The kids enjoyed playing with our goodies
the following day.  Somehow the noise-
makers ended up in the trash... I wonder
how that happened. 

I'm excited to see what 2013 has in store for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment