Sunday, July 29, 2012

One Year Celebration

Let's face it.  A child's one year birthday party is almost more for the parents than the child.  It's a celebration that we made it through the first year, relatively unscathed.  A time to stop and think of all the growing your child has done.  A chance to say, "look how big and smart my one year old is!"  We had that party for us, I mean for Myles on Sunday.  He won't remember a thing about his party but Dan and I will.  Glad I have this great forum to post pictures on for him to look back on one day.  

The party boy himself is wearing a
customized shirt to match the party's
theme - baseball.  It says 'birthday boy'
under his name with a 1 on the ball.

I made pennant signs just like you'd see at the ballpark.

And of course the party was held at Guenther Field

We served ballpark food (brats and
burgers with homemade french fries
and soft pretzels) from the concessions stand.

The best picture the proud parents got with the
party boy... maybe shouldn't have waited so long into the day.



Myles had his very own baseball cake.

We got him in nearly his birthday suit.
He started by taking a swipe at the frosting.

Then wiping it on the table.

So Nora tried to be the good big sister she is and help.

He still didn't get that into it so I broke a chunk of the
chocolate cake off and put a piece in his mouth.  He spit
it out and stuck out his tongue.  Maybe he'll be just like
his father and not like chocolate.... weirdo.

After a quick wipe down it was time to open presents.
He tore off some of the paper...

But like any one year old, he was more interested in the boxes.

This was the happiest he was
all afternoon! 

So happy that Nora had to see what the fun was all about.

"Don't mind me guys, this is a
riveting read I have to get back to." 

Hi, Mom.

And soon after, he went down for a nap. Even though he won't remember, he was worth every little detail that went into the party.  Thanks to all who came to help us celebrate 365 days of this wonderful little boy in our lives.

1 comment: