Sunday, August 5, 2012

State Fair

We took the kids to the Wisconsin State Fair this weekend.  The fair is a completely different experience with kids in tow but in a good way.  


We stood in line for the famous
25 cent cup of flavored milk.  Nora was
excited to pay for her own glass with the
quarter she got from Grandpa's drawer of
spare coins.  

We tried cherry vanilla, banana, and of course, chocolate.
  
No surprise Nora was the one who choose chocolate.
 
Myles got to sample all of the
flavors as well (luckily I had a bendy
straw in my purse to make things easier)

The fair is all about the food.  Stop one... Saz's for sour
cream and chive fries.  Here are the kids waiting for Daddy
to come back with some grub.

And a very happy Nora once she saw french fries, which
seem to be becoming their own food group for her.

My happy boy.

He was playing peek-a-boo with Nora using the
stroller's canopy and I noticed you could see both of his
top chompers!! 

What a good sister, sharing her beloved french fries.

We bought tickets for all of us to go
down the giant slide.  First, Dan took
Nora up... and up... and up (106 mini
stairs. I counted.)

There they go!

He said she hung on tight to his legs.

Then it was my turn with Myles.  We are on the far right
as you're looking at the picture.

He didn't cry so I'll say he liked it.  I don't ever remember
going on the slide as a kid.  Doesn't mean I didn't, I just
don't remember, but it went faster than I would have
thought.  I had fun. 

Then it was off to see the cows.  This was Nora's favorite
part of the entire day.

We walked past this girl taking a snooze with her
cow.  It was quite cute to see her cuddled up
with this giant animal.  

We were even asked if we wanted to pet the cows! 

A couple times!  The second time she walked up there and
took this lady's hand who led the way... didn't need me!

She was so excited.

The horse pavilion was blocked off because they were
getting ready for a show so this was as close as we
could get to seeing them.

GIANT tractor wheels can fit a small child!



And finally, no trip to the Wisconsin State Fair
would be complete without a cob of grilled corn dipped
in a tub of melted butter.  Mmmm... my mouth
waters just thinking about it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment