Thursday, August 30, 2012

Pinspiration: Sidewalk Paint

I was inspired by Pinterest (what's new, right?)  Luckily, Nora and Myles were the beneficiaries of it this time.  I found a pin on how to make sidewalk paint.  So with no errands to run today I thought I'd make some sidewalk paint and let the kids loose on the back patio while we have some beautiful days left.  

They are picking out which paint brush they'll start with.

And of course, Myles also taste tested
his.  This gave me a clue as to what he'd
do once the paint was on his brush.

The paint is all ready to go!
All it is, is a mixture of water and corn starch and of course
food coloring to make the colors. 

Thoughtfully selecting her first color.


Aaaand in about .3 seconds into the mouth it goes.

Luckily, it's non-toxic!

Myles actually got really into painting
the sidewalk.  Believe it or not, he
was engaged for about five minutes.


Uh, excuse me but you've got a little
something on your face.



I think he liked it!

If there's a mess there was usually fun.



Showing off their masterpiece. 

The paint wasn't coming off too easily with just a
wash cloth so a mid-day rinse was needed before nap time. 

I'm going to have to remember this (and that foam brushes worked the best) for the fall days ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment