Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Big Girl Bed

A couple of weeks ago, I changed the sheets and comforter on Nora's bed and told her they were the new sheets for when she starts sleeping in her big girl bed.  I was just expecting to get it ready and eventually take down the crib and switch her over but she was so excited about it she wanted to nap in her bed that very afternoon.  So even though I wasn't planning on it, I went with it.  She did fantastic and slept great.  She even talked about sleeping there at night.  

If you look at my Through My Picture Window you know how that turned out.  We FaceTimed with Dan to say prayers and so he could help tuck her in for her first night in her big girl bed.  All was going great.  I thought... wow - this transition was much easier than I expected.  But as soon as I went to give her a kiss she said, "Nonnie weep (sleep) in baby bed."  What?!  All that for you to say you want to sleep in your crib??  Alright.  No biggie.  I wasn't planning switching her over anyway.  

Well, we went through this nap in the bed and nighttime in the crib thing for a couple of weeks when I decided just to take the crib down so she wouldn't have the option.  So on Monday night I told her tonight was the last night in her crib for bed and tomorrow we were going to take her crib down.  I held my word and today the crib came down.


It helped she was excited to help take the crib down. 

And thought it was fun to "sneak under".

It's down!  The room looks so empty.

She's officially a big girl!!

When it came to bedtime there was absolutely no fussing
about there being no baby bed anymore or having to
sleep in the big girl bed.  She climbed in like she's been
doing it for months already.  I snuck in her room to peek at
her before I went to bed and couldn't resist taking a few
pictures of her first night in a big girl bed. 

Kissable cheeks.  And kiss them I did! 



No comments:

Post a Comment