I love my iPhone. There are many, many reasons for this statement but I saw it mainly for the camera right now. This weekend we headed back to Wisconsin for a baby shower I had to attend for Dan's cousin's wife, Sheila. Dan came along and spent the day with his Dad and brother so we decided to ship the kids off to my mom's house and enjoyed an adult day. Free of kids. Of course, it felt absolutely relaxing to be completely free of parent duties for a few house but like any good mama, I did miss them, too.
Jeff and Katie (married two years in a couple of weeks) brought it to our attention a while back that the four of us (Jeff, Katie, Dan, and myself) have never been out to eat together... just us. No one else. Never. So since we were all going to be back in Wisconsin and had a babysitter already lined up we thought we'd cease the opportunity and make it a double date night. We all had fun and walked away from Maxies Southern Comfort stuffed.
But anyway, back to why I love my iPhone. Saturday night we joined up with the kids again (they were already asleep) so we were able to visit the farm on Sunday morning. My mom's best friend, Pat, grew up on a farm and her parents still live there. So on Sunday, we met her there and got a quick "tour" of the cow's field. Something we knew Nora would LOVE. I didn't bring my camera along this weekend but I'm so glad my phone has an amazing camera or I wouldn't have gotten any pictures of our time on the farm. The phone camera just makes things so easy and convenient. There's no way I would ever have kept up with my picture a day project if it weren't for my phone. So there you have it. Reason #47 I love my iPhone.
| We got to take a ride on the Gator. Nora was "really scared" but she was willing to try it - she's on Gram's lap. Myles on the other hand was ready to go. |
| When you drive the Gator along the fence the cows come close and follow you. They're just as curious and think you'll give them food. |
| Myles taking a closer look. |
| Waving bye when they started walking away. |
| Then we came down to where the cows get fed. Nora was surprisingly fearless and climbed the fence and tried to pet them. She was 2 inches away from getting licked! The cow tried but just came up short. |
| Rusty was very excited to see the cows, too. |
| Twin cows! Literally! This is the first time the Becker family had a cow that gave birth to twins which is rare to begin with. And both survived which is even more rare. |
| MOO!! The cows were "very noisy". |
| These cats were Myles' favorite part. He stood and looked at them and squealed. Very exciting stuff. |
| Nora is already talking about going back to see the cows. Last time I said, "Do you remember where we're going today?" She said, "Pat's house." Too bad we were only going to the zoo. |
No comments:
Post a Comment