Day 23: Deliver Cookies to the Fire Department
![]() |
| Today, we took this plate of home-made cookies to the fire department for the firemen to enjoy as a way to say thank you for their service. |
Nora was pretty excited about this one. I had the plate together the night before and she kept asking if we were going to take it to the police. We dropped them off after church and the entire way there she kept saying, "I don't see any police mans yet." Dan dropped me and Nora off while he stayed in the car with an almost sleeping Myles.
The firemen were awesome! They asked her what her name was and how old she was. Very friendly. Then I asked if they would mind if I would take a picture of them with her but they did me one better. The invited us in to see the fire trucks. She was SO excited. We followed them to the trucks when one asked if she wanted to drive. She nervously said no but did sit on the front after asking, "It's not gonna move?" That's when I realized she didn't want to "drive" because she was afraid the truck was going to move. But they let her sit on the front and ring that bell that's next to her. They opened the big door so I could get a better picture but I tried to go quick. If they really knew me and how badly I wanted to bring my camera, I would have gotten about 37 more shots with them sitting with her... but I thought this was more than enough! I was going to be happy with taking a picture of her after we dropped the cookies off by the door where the trucks come out! This was more than I expected.
I think this was one of our favorite activities - for both of us. It took all of five minutes but as we were walking back to the car she said to me, "That was really cool, Mom!" Can't get much better than that. And a BIG thank you to the firemen who made our days! Merry Christmas!



Awesome! Love your activities.
ReplyDelete