Saturday, December 22, 2012

Advent Calendar: Day 22

Day 22: Make a Popsicle Stick Snowman

I prepped this project while Myles was napping and Nora was out shopping with Dan.  I had to glue the popsicle sticks together and "paint" the top part black.  I didn't have black paint so I used a sharpie. Then, after dinner, it was time to start.  One of the cutest parts was when I said, "Alright, let's head downstairs and start our activity."  Myles (who has shaken the sickness -- kept his lunch and dinner down!!) does a little dance and says, "teedee! teedee!" which I interpreted as "activity! activity!" Love it!

Start by painting the bottom two-thirds
white.

In typical Milo fashion, he was into it one minute...

... and onto something else the next.

And then something else entirely.

After the sticks are painted white, I had
an idea to let them sprinkle glitter onto
the wet paint to give it a nice shimmery
look.  I think my punch must have been
spiked at dinner to think this was a good idea.

She was so delicate in her sprinkling
of the glitter.  Then she dumped a
quarter of the bottle on it.  At least
I was using this fancy-dancy glitter
catcher tray I happened to have.

Yeah... this is when Mr. All Over decides to come back
to be a part of the activity.  Spiked punch, I'm telling you.
He actually did really well.  He sprinkled a bit and then
would pick up the tray and give it a shake from side to side
because he saw me do that with Nora's when she was done.
He even tried to put the cap back on the glitter.  It tipped
over and spilled half the bottle but you can't blame a kid for trying.

Then you glue on the brim of the top hat,
add the googly eyes, a carrot (felt) nose,
and a pipe cleaner smile. And of course a
little star on his hat.

The final products!  You can't see all the shimmer in the
picture but, believe me, it's there.  I finished Myles' snowman,
because of course after the glitter, he checked out again.
And Miss Nora's (right) she did herself!

No comments:

Post a Comment