Thursday, December 13, 2012

Advent Calendar: Day 13

Day 13: Make Salt-Dough Ornaments 

My two side-kicks are ready to get working on
their activity.  

Everyone gets a turn to dump our ingredients into the bowl.

Even Myles.  He did really well with the first scoop so I
thought I'd be safe taking a picture during the second pour.
Do you see the salt cascading over the side of the bowl?
Yeah, that happened.  Easy clean up though.
And that's what this kind of thing is all about, right?

Time to stir in the water. 

When I realized salt dough wasn't really something
you can easily stir, we began kneading the dough.   

Sinking those chubby fingers in!

Then he paused to say "cheese".
A rare picture of him standing still
and looking at the camera.  Love it.

Rolling out the dough.

Good thing we put on our aprons!
This project got dirty!


We're half way through with our advent activities and I'm proud to say we haven't missed any days yet. I think it's safe to say we all look forward to doing the daily activity.  Nora even asks what the activity will be for the day and has said numerous times during the past two weeks, "I love activities" and have given them a woo hoo, too.   She is still wearing her jingle bell bracelet from the other day. 
We are also enjoying the Christmas book every night.  As soon as I mention taking a bath, Nora adds in, "then a Christmas book!" 

I am absolutely loving our new traditions and even more so the memories we're making while putting our family's traditions in place. 

1 comment:

  1. I don't usually get to see Myles up close - he is so grown up and handsome!

    ReplyDelete