Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Weekend

That's right. We didn't just celebrate Mother's Day on Sunday here. We celebrated all weekend long.

On Saturday, Dan's parents came down for a work day/Mother's Day. I know what you're thinking... a work day and Mother's Day rolled into one? That doesn't sound like too much fun. I know that's what you're thinking because that's what I was originally thinking. But after Mary Ann offered to come down Saturday to help clean up after the floor went in and help us do whatever else it was that we needed to do to keep progress moving on the kitchen DIY remodel, I figured, OK...we'll combine the two. After all, that's what mothers do for their children (and children-in-law). And a working day it was. So much so that I didn't even get out my camera. Boo.

After a hard morning of work, we had a lunch of burgers and brats on the grill with potato salad, fruit, and some great desserts.



Sunday, my mom came down to spend the day with us. The beautiful day started with church and then an "snack/appetizer" lunch. We were able to spend nearly the entire day outside which gave me a chance to screw on handles and hinges to some of the cupboard doors. By the day's end, 10 doors were successfully hung. (I can't wait to show you the kitchen before and after pictures. It's turning out wonderfully.) And then had tenderloin, mashed potatoes and veggies for dinner. Scrumptious!

Nora gave me a gift certificate for a mani-pedi that I've been talking about getting for weeks. Now I've got no excuses not to get one! Thanks, Missy! You're the best daughter I could EVER ask for.




No comments:

Post a Comment