Thursday, May 12, 2011

New Wheels

It's the end of an era, folks. We traded in the trusty and dependable Rav4 this week. At the time of trade in, it had a whopping 226,412 miles on it. I would have been interested in seeing how far she would have gone before she just couldn't do it any longer. But then again, I wouldn't want to be the one on the side of the road with a child, probably 2, and an 80 pound dog, finding out either. So we decided it was time. After all, we needed the extra space.

So, Dan and I ventured out to CarMax to test drive a few options of 7-passenger, non-minivan options. We looked at the Buick Enclave and a GMC Acadia and drove a Honda Pilot and a Ford Expedition. After seeing the price and all the bells and whistles we didn't expect to get from the Ford Expedition, it was a done deal (despite the fact that neither of us really thought we'd buy that day.)

Alright, I can't wait any longer. Here are the pictures of our new fancy-dancy car.

2007 Ford Expedition - Eddie Bauer Edition

power lift gate

still lots of room behind the 3rd row

and even more if you ever have to fold down the 3rd row (using an automatic button)

convenient bucket seats in the middle

and even a DVD player for the kids when we go on road trips

Front seats

the "control panel" where I can operate the heated and air conditioned seats and lots of other fun things. (I didn't even know you could get seats air conditioned... but you can!)


I am loving this car. I love how it looks on the outside. I love the inside. I love all the SPACE. I love that I can sit as a passenger with Nora behind me in her seat and still have plenty of room between the dash and my knees. I love that when you stick the key in the ignition the seats move back to your position (or Dan's depending on the key). I just love it all, so far.


No comments:

Post a Comment