Yup, this little girl - with the muffin top and rolls - weighs less than 75% of the other girlies her age. Gotta love baby rolls.
I digress.
At her appointment she got a chicken pox vaccine. The great nurses at North Arlington Pediatrics told me she might develop a small rash on her left arm around the site of the vaccine in about a week. Well, a week and 2 days later, I notice small red dots on her arm and a little on her chest. Not too concerned because of what the nurses said, I thought I'd just keep an eye on it. It was accompanied with an unusual crabby and clingy mood. I just gave her a bit of Tylenol thinking it was a reaction.
Sunday, the bumps started to spread. Monday morning I called the doctor's office asking if it was normal for the vaccine reaction to spread like that.
I didn't think it was chicken pox because they weren't raised bumps but then again, I don't know how those start. Sure enough -- it wasn't common and they said I should see a doc. So my speckled daughter and I scheduled our sick visit and off we went.
Phew! Not the pox. Turns out all it is (was) was a viral rash she caught from... well, that's still the question. She said the non-contagious rash would continue to travel around her body for 7-10 days. Luckily as of today I can barely see any dots. And it's only been 5 days. I guess she's just a champion viral rash fighter.
And in no time, she was back to her dog-loving self.
No comments:
Post a Comment