Sunday, May 22, 2011

Lilacia Park

I love weekends that are busy with family and fun activities but don't feel like they went by in a flash. This was one of those weekends.

Last year, post lilac season, Dan and I found out about Lilacia Park in Lombard, Illinois.


Just as it sounds, it's a peaceful park that's FULL of - you guessed it - lilac bushes! In case you didn't know - I love lilacs. I could sniff them all day. I think part of their appeal is that they are only around for a few weeks each spring. But anyway - we wrote it down on the calendar as a reminder for this year. So on Saturday, we headed down to Lombard for our first visit to Lilacia Park.


Although the lilacs were just past their peak (last weekend would've been perfect but it was too rainy to go) they still smelled amazing and looked beautiful. And, it was nice to do something out of the ordinary with my hubby and daughter.



They had tons of tulip gardens there, along with many other seasonal flowers along the walk ways. Next year, I'm hoping we'll be able to go during the peek.


Nora walked (or pushed) the entire time. It's a new favorite thing.


She'd push the stroller for a few paces then run to the side of the walkway to take a closer look at flowers. She loved it there.





Then she'd push some more and look to make sure I was coming too.








After the park, lunch, and a nap, it was time to go back outside and enjoy the weather and a snack with Dad.



Despite the bee sting, Rusty stayed out with us to. (Can you see? It's slightly swollen above his eye. Poor guy....)




Sunday, the sun was shining and the temperature was rising. So when we got home from church and the new member reception (Dan and I are shepherds to a couple who just joined) Nora got to experience her first popsicle.


I think it goes without saying that she enjoyed it. Not knowing to bite at times, I sat next to her with a wash cloth and occasionally wiped her down so she wasn't too sticky - but not before I snapped a picture or two.

And what a surprise -- Jeff and Katie were over when Nora awoke from her nap. Her and Uncle Jeff were best buds because he showed her how to use the hose. Once he did that, she wouldn't really leave him alone. "Adin," she kept asking. And with every squeeze of the trigger, it seemed like new.




Now, it's late. Missy is bathed and sleeping soundly. Rusty is zonked out on the floor. Dan is doing some things for work and I'm updating this with a smile on my face. What a weekend! What a life!!

No comments:

Post a Comment