Saturday, March 5, 2011

What's Up Doc?

Saturday, Nora had her first sick visit to the doctor's office. She came down with a cold with a cough on Wednesday. By Friday, she kept falling over as she was walking. Dan and I had quite a few giggles at her expense -- sorry, Miss -- because there were times that she looked a little tipsy! I also noticed she started touching her right ear.

Considering it was Saturday (if it were a week day, I would have waited) I thought I'd take her in just to rule out a possible ear infection, even though in my heart of hearts, I didn't think she had one. So it was off to the doc we went. She did marvelous during the check up letting the doctor do all her poking and proding. As a result, we learned she had the best sounding lungs of the week (there's been a bronchial cough going around) and although she has a little fluid in her ear, it's not infected. PHEW!

I also learned something new. With relatively new walkers, as Nora is, they still have to concentrate on walking. So when these little ones get sick they aren't concentrating on walking as much as they might usually and sometimes will even revert back to crawling. Huh... totally makes sense. Thank God for great doctors like we have. They reassured me I made the right decision bringing her in just to double check and never made me feel like I was a nuisance to them. I love our pediatricians!!


Anyway -- she did SO well that she got a sticker which she proudly wore (along with the necklace that I can't seem to keep off of her lately) Getting a picture of the sticker was not the easiest task... she was on-the-go!

closing the door

and opening the door

going towards the stairs

up and down the stairs.... repeat last 4 steps numerous times.

She's nearly back to her normal self now. Glad to see the cold is weaning.

No comments:

Post a Comment