Thursday, March 17, 2011

Got it in You?

Everyone is a little Irish today. Whether it's drinking a Guinness, tipping back a green beer, devouring a Reuben, or just wearing green beads, chances are you celebrated somehow today.

I don't have a drop of Irish blood in me but today you can color me green. I'm making these corned beef sandwiches in the slow cooker - serving it with coleslaw instead of cabbage. Bought a loaf of Irish Soda Bread at the store. Next year, I'll try to make it myself using this recipe. (I love the all the blogs I read and the great recipes they post) Dan invited Jeff & Katie over for a St. Patty's dinner/Wisconsin playing in NCAA tourney/Idol results show kind of party. Sounds like a good reason to make Chocolate Guinness Cake with Bailey's Cream Cheese Frosting to me! Doesn't just reading the title make your mouth water??

How do you celebrate St. Patty's Day? Do you have any traditions?

Lastly, I leave you with my Lucky Charm.








Side note --

I saw this robin through my window as I was typing this. You know what that means. It's Spring. It's official. (And that was my second robin... first one came yesterday.) She showed herself in the 67 degree weather we're having today!

No comments:

Post a Comment