This year we swung by The Elegant Farmer (a repeat of last year) to go
apple picking. We knew we wanted to stay away from the zoo that is
Apple Holler, especially on a weekend. As it turns out, we picked on of
the warmest days of September to go. Armed with my good camera (which
comes out less and less lately thanks to my iPhone camera; and I say it every time... I really have to get it out more often) we went apple picking.
| We got there a bit before it even opened in hopes to beat the rush. |
| Waiting patiently in line with me for apple cider donuts. |
Arguably one of the best parts of apple picking is filling your face with apple cider donuts. There isn't much better than a warm, sugary donut with fresh cider to wash it down.
| She has the best, most kind big brother and I think she knows it. |
Last year we were smart and did things the same way this year. We knew we only wanted one large bushel but that isn't as fun to carry we let each child take a small basket so they could fill their own. Then before you pay we consolidated. That's the way to go.
I love all the pictures I got of Greta here. They're all so cute with great lighting. Her outfit. Her hair shining in the sun. How blue her eyes looked. Her chubby little hands clutching the apples. Too much!
| One of my favorites from the trip. Digging for apples in the "no good" crate. |
Once she got an apple she didn't let go. She ate the entire time. Which was wonderful because it kept her occupied - the girl barely moved (believe me... very rare!)
| Consolidating |
There's something about these pictures that makes my heart happy. Makes me forget about the complaining. Makes me forget about the epic meltdown Greta had (see below) because she was overtired, hot, and couldn't fall asleep in the ergo.
| Lunch alongside the train. A secret place no one else was. A perfect, calm way to end the day. |
I believe I remember jokingly saying to Dan, "We are making memories, damn it!" Because, after all,
they won't remember those dampers either. They'll remember the fun
times. They'll remember going to pick apples, running from tree to tree
filling their baskets, the warm donuts. That's what they'll remember. The memories we made for them.
No comments:
Post a Comment