Thursday, September 18, 2014

Greta: eleven months


Yes, indeed!  She's taking steps!
Sometimes she'll start off walking, take about 6 steps and then go into the bear crawl.  After all, that's her fastest mode of transportation.  Other times, she'll start crawling then stop and stand right up and walk. I forgot how cute it is to watch the zombie arms, rigid legs and the mix of excitement and concentration on their face as they learn how to walk. This is fun.

The other big news is that I've been weaning her.  I had been debating whether or not to quit breastfeeding for months and months.  Ultimately, I'm glad I stuck with it.  She was ready to wean and I followed her lead.  It worked out great for the both of us.  She also took to whole milk wonderfully.  No transition needed.  I handed her a cup and she never blinked.  Easy peasy.

I'm happy she's starting to like books.  Even if she loses interest after just one or two.


And one last thing.  Can we just take a moment, please.  This is Greta's last monthly post before she turns one! What?! That makes me happy and sad all at the same time.  Can you believe it? ONE! Wow.  The Lord is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment