I haven't taken the kids to the zoo at all this summer. It was time. I wanted to make it a little more interactive for them and still easy enough for Myles to participate in too. So (thanks to pinterest) I made a scavenger hunt for them. It's a simple page with 8 pictures of animals that we would see at the zoo. They each got a clip board, a crayon, and a sheet to mark off as we saw the animals. Let me tell you, they loved it. Nora especially got into it. She had me laughing how she's carry around her clip board and mark them off throughout the day.
| But first things first... a carousel ride. |
| Now, armed with their lists, it was time to find some animals. |
| Roar! |
| See what I mean? She loved the scavenger hunt. |
| I had to laugh when I saw him sitting with his legs crossed. |
| The grizzly bear just cooling off on the rock. |
| Time for a picnic lunch before we head home! |
| I thought I'd take a picture of the two of them by the fountains before we left. Obviously, we had hit our max. Nora was in tears because Myles didn't want to hug for the picture. |
| And all was better when he agreed. |
Funniest part of the day was right before we left (funny for me anyway). The zoo has a Dinosaurs Alive exhibit right now so they have this giant dino at the entrance of the zoo. Every minute or so the dino moves his head slightly and roars.
It caught a very unsuspecting Myles by surprise.
And he wasn't to thrilled by it.
In fact, it scared the bajeezes out of him. And instead of running to comfort him,
I continue to snap pictures of him running back to me nearly in tears from fear. Mom of the Year
award, right here.
| So while he was scared, this picture still makes me laugh. I'm sorry, Myles. Maybe you'll understand when you're a dad some day. |
Of course, I scooped him up and comforted him when he got to me. He said, "Dino bite me". He was afraid the dinosaur was going to bite him but once we watched from a distance and saw that it was pretend and hardly moved at all he was comfortable to move closer again. If he was scared for life, then I would have felt bad for the above series of pics but no harm done means mom still giggles at the thought of how quickly he turned to run.
No comments:
Post a Comment