Part of making room for Sister (I'll capitalize it since that's what we all call her right now) is moving Myles into Nora's room. Although he's too little to care if he lives in a room with only a pink wall I thought I'd make a big attempt to have the transition for him a smooth and exciting one. I also wanted to do it early enough so he wasn't feeling like Sister took his room, bed, etc. Luckily, they were both excited about the move.
| I started by painting him his own accent wall. |
| Now Myles has a blue wall and Nora got to keep her pink wall. |
Next step, putting together this bunk bed.
Yes, there's an entire bed in there. Two twin beds as a matter of fact. Even the FedEx guy said, "I can't believe there's bunk beds in here."
| We made the assembly a race because that's the kind of thing we do. |
| I won. One headboard of four complete. |
| The mattress was delivered the following day. |
| Then the big helper came to put the frames together. |
| All set for Myles the following night! |
Asleep for the last time in his toddler bed.
We showed him his big boy bed with the sheets ready the next morning.
| Clearly, he was happy to have his own bed. |
| Showing me how he can climb in all by himself. |
| Both kiddos asleep without issues on the first night. (Nora no longer uses a gate on her bed... her choice.) |
We've had some bedtime challenges with Myles since the move. Nothing too major and not even every night. But he will get out of bed. Sometimes twice, sometimes twelve times (that was more in beginning). Other times he'll just scream "MOMMY!!!" or tell me he's chilly and needs a sweatshirt. Lots of stalling. Then there will be other nights we hardly hear a peep from him and he doesn't come out of bed at all. Trying to be consistent and not lose my cool on the nights where he screams, comes out, screams because I won't pat his butt again or cover him for the seventh time. The silver lining of this cloud is that it doesn't seem to effect Nora at all. She'll sometimes be asleep during his shenanigans so I don't feel as bad.
Now, we just need to get Sister's room ready.
And in order to do that, we need our bathroom remodel finished...
First things first.
No comments:
Post a Comment