Friday, October 31, 2014

Halloween

If you ask Nora what her favorite holiday is she'll tell you Halloween. If you ask why it's kind of obvious - because we go trick-or-treating and we get lots of candy.

A couple of her friends at the Blue Room Halloween Party. Mallory, Nora, and Kailyn.

The Great Pumpkin

For Greta - she didn't have a choice (obviously). In our family, you're the duck the first year you can walk.  Nora was the duck, Myles was the duck, it was her turn.  It's like a rite of passage. 
Myles wanted to be a pumpkin.  Sometimes I have no clue where  he gets his ideas but a pumpkin he was. 


I love that Nora chose to be a witch this year in a sea of Elsas. 100% her idea. 


The thing that's special about Myles' pumpkin costume is that I wore it when I was about his age. 


This Halloween was nasty.  The weather was downright terrible.  It was damp, cold and windy so we didn't go very far - around one short block - but their baskets were full so they were happy.
This was the view the entire time. She literally ran from house to house and not because of the cold but because she was so excited. Plus I think she wanted to beat the other kids we went with so she could ring the door bell.

Myles on the other hand took his time.

Candy and pizza was on the menu for dinner that night.  They had plenty to choose from and were happily on a sugar high until they crashed.  Bedtime.
They're already talking about what they want to be next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment