One year old. Amazing. When I look back at all the changes that happen in the first year I am completely in awe. I simply can't believe that a child goes from only eating and sleeping unable to hold up their own heads to walking, babbling little humans with opinions (which she isn't afraid to let you know) likes, dislikes, etc.
Her birthday fell on a Saturday this year so we were able to have her party on her day. One of the downfalls when you're the one hosting the party is that you generally don't have a lot of time to be the photographer too so all my pictures are mediocre but there are pictures so I can't complain.
Every night before bed I sing her "You are My Sunshine" so that was the theme of her party.
 |
| As you may notice we were still in the process of redoing the mantle. |
 |
| She loves Nora's baby so we bought her her very own baby similar to Nora's. Go figure - she has no interest in her! |
 |
| Her own phone. |
 |
| Sorry, the picture won't rotate. |
 |
| She was able to blow out her own candle! I told her it was hot and she blew. |
 |
| She wouldn't put the phone down! |
 |
| None of my kids were too interested in their smash cakes. |
 |
| Myles thought she might eat more if she had a fork. No cigar. |
Hands down my favorite decoration of the entire party. I'm so happy I did her monthly pictures like this. You can really see the growth from month to month. Some months seem like bigger jumps than others. (Click on the picture to make it larger) Just when I think I know which one is my favorite then another month catches my eye and I change my mind.
Can't imagine what this next year has in store for her. Can't wait to watch and see.
You're sweet and loving. You're stubborn and impatient. You love your brother and sister the most. You don't let your age keep you from trying things (because you see Nora and Myles do it and figure you can too). You are sometimes slow to laugh but I know you're having fun. You always want to be in the thick of things. You are unique. You are you. We love you, Greta.
Cute, cute, cute!
ReplyDelete