Friday, May 9, 2014

Let's Go Fly a Kite

"Today is a good day to fly kites." - Nora

The two older kids each got kites in their Easter baskets this year. Late in the afternoon, Nora  had the idea to break open the kites and give it a try.  I had just put Greta down for the night and couldn't resist getting out the camera and taking pictures.  The light was just too good.






After a while, Myles was ready to head inside for a bath but Nora didn't want to quit just yet.


She was enjoying every single minute of flying her princess kite.


She asked me if I wanted to learn how to fly a kite too.  "I'll teach you how, Mom." And she proceeded to tell me I just have to keep walking around while the kite is in the air.  If I want to I can stop for a break but when the kite starts to go down then you have to move again.


She labeled herself a good teacher and said I was just a better picture taker and not a good kite flyer.  She was better.


One of my favorites from the day.  Summer legs. Full of scrapes, bruises,
and dirt. 

We've flown kites numerous times since.  She loves it every time and can outlast everyone. 

1 comment: