He Is Risen, Indeed! Hallelujah!
This Easter, we decided to host our family for the first time. We have hosted more people in our home for birthday parties and baptisms but it was still a holiday. It was just our family and our parents - a nice, small group to get our holiday hosting toes wet.
The day was tied for the third hottest Easter Sunday on record. We topped out at 80 degrees. Greta spent most of the time in the shade and being passed around from Gram to Grandpa to Grandma. She can be amazingly stubborn about taking naps (like she was on Easter) and spent nearly the entire time awake.
| Reading new Easter books with two of her favorite people. Or should I say three... Guy. |
Nora had a rough day. There was a small accident opening the door going into church. It got opened too quickly and her big toe went right underneath the door - of course she had sandals on - immediately turning half of her toenail black. It was, no doubt, throbbing the remainder of the day. She snuggled on a lap all day long and limped her way to and from. She was already doing much, much better today.
There are some added bonuses about being at your own house on Easter. One: You can change out of your church clothes and put on camo shorts and a digger shirt. Two: You can ride your bike all. day. long. Seriously, this child and his bike. They'll be inseparable this summer. More on that for a later post.
| Getting more and more expressive. Much happier after a full belly and a small snooze in the stroller. |
We all changed so quickly upon coming home from church I realized I never got a picture of all three of the kids in their Easter outfits. Two out of three isn't bad. It's still a darn cute picture.
After the grandparents left we all came inside to hunker down for the evening. We had literally been outside the entire day so we were all ready for a break. Greta seemed to be fading quickly but it was still too early for bed so I thought I would distract her by showing her her first Easter basket again. I got more than I bargained for. She explored her basket for at least 15 minutes. Her dress was a drool-y, dirty mess (she had sucked on strawberries while we ate) but she was happy as a clam.
Happy First Easter, Greta!
| This just might be my favorite from the day. |
No comments:
Post a Comment