Six months. Say it ain't so.
Happy Half Birthday, Greta Bear.
This past month has been fun. I've always said, once babies hit six months their personalities really start to come out and things get fun. The biggest physical milestone has been her sitting. She went from almost able to sit on her own to 'this is a piece of pie' in the blink of an eye. Her world just got significantly better. Now she really gets a good new view of her brother's and sister's antics.
| My photo shoot helpers gave her this prop. |
Another biggie? She got her first tooth! It somewhat came as a surprise to me. For a few days I thought I noticed a white spot on her gums but when I'd take a closer look... nada. Then I checked again when I was sure I saw white and sure enough, I felt a little tooth poking through. She didn't show any signs of teething (besides excessive drool but that's not so out of the ordinary for her anyway) which is why it was a little surprising. In the above picture you can even see it -- it's her bottom right, our left. The one on her left doesn't seem too far behind either.
Greta also had her first "vacation". Mom and Dad went to Dallas for the Final Four for five days so she stayed with Grandma and Grandpa. But more on the Dallas trip later.
Things to look forward to between now and eight months (her next peds appointment):
* beginning to crawl - or near crawling
* mama, baba, dada type talk
********
When Greta's pictures were done Myles and Nora wanted me to take pictures of them too. They took turns hopping onto the chair and posing in their own ways.
"Scary face"
She looks a little too old in this picture.
And those legs. Suddenly they go on for days.
Side note - cross tattoo is from the Easter Bunny that visited her classroom.
Reaction to the scary face? I'd like to think so.


No comments:
Post a Comment