Monday, April 14, 2014

Little Mermaid

Nora started swimming lessons a few weeks ago. She was very excited on the first day.

This was a good two hours before we had to leave.  She was more than ready to go.

I was hoping her excitement would continue once we got there.  I was half way expecting her to suddenly get nervous, like she tends to do in new situations and not want to go in.  Thankfully, I was wrong.  She walked away without even looking back.  She even volunteered when her teacher, Chris, asked who wanted to go under first.  "Me!" she yelled with her hand shooting up into the air.  And in she went.

The first week, I didn't bring my real camera (to be honest, I didn't want to be that mom...) but the second week, I got over it.  I wanted good pictures.  I attached my zoom lens and snapped away.



Blowing bubbles while "swimming".


This poor boy has spent every. single. class on the sidelines.
I give his mom credit for continuing to come and put him in.


The last thing they do during the class is crawl on the step
and roar like a lion while they get to the other side. 

Then they jump in.  I'm not being biased
when I say she's the most brave when it
comes to jumping in.  She'll actually jump a
bit while they others just kind of lean in.

And she goes all the way under! 

In the two weeks since I've taken these pictures, they've worked on floating on their backs.  They have floaties around their waist and Chris will help hold them up.  During the last class, Chris let go if they were ready.  She did it!  Her legs stayed up.  Her ears were in (Chris told them to look for Curious George eating a banana in the rafters).  She did absolutely fantastic!  I was one proud mama.





No comments:

Post a Comment