Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Greta: five months


The most major development and biggest change was Greta starting solids.  At her four month well visit she didn't quite gain a full pound and the doctor we saw (which wasn't our usual... I had to reschedule) mentioned something about it.  Then asked how long I breastfed Nora and Myles.  When I said I lost my supply between 4 and 5 months with Myles he made a face.  Okay, maybe he didn't intentionally make a face, but I saw it.  That face, coupled with the fact that she kept waking up at night - well, my mommy brain took over.  I was worried I was losing my supply and didn't want her to lose weight like Myles did so I decided I'd start oatmeal.  And if she started sleeping through the night because of it?  Added bonus.  She took to the rice cereal quickly which reassured me I had made the right decision.


Occasionally she has become a tummy sleeper now
that she can roll from back to front.  Which, by the way,
makes her look way too old.

She started using this deal-y for bath time.

And had her first shared bath.  First of many to come.
This one was with Myles.  I tried putting her in with both of them since
then just to get her quick washed - not even to play.  Let's just say the
older ones had a "two's company, three's a crowd" mentality.
There "wasn't enough room to play.  Get her out."


Things to watch for and look forward to next month: 
* more giggles
* sitting on her own
* transferring toys from one had to the other

No comments:

Post a Comment