Nora was old enough to attend Vacation Bible School at St. Paul this year. She was pretty excited about it. I thought it was a pretty good way to dip her toes in the water, if you will, getting her ready for what school will be like (her staying there without me for a few hours and then coming back to get her).
| On the way to VBS! |
| Her and her bestie, Mal, in the same group. |
| So excited. So proud. |
| This was the set for Kingdom Rock this year. |
| Saying bye to brother. |
Everyday, VBS starts out with a few songs together where they introduce the theme for the day (prayer helps us stand strong, the bible helps us stand strong, etc.) Parents can stay for the song part before the kids go off to start their activities. Never having participated in VBS as a child, I had no idea what to expect. Everyday, I walked away impressed and feeling blessed that our kids are getting these wonderful God-loving messages and I'm happy we will be able to send them to a school who will help instill this in them everyday. I'm even excited to be learning more along with them as they grow.
| While Nora was at school, I took Myles to do boy stuff. We went to Home Depot to sit on the "tractors"... |
| and took a look at what kinds of options they had for re-doing our bathroom. |
When I picked Nora up from day one she was tired. Happy, but tired. Luckily, she wanted to go back so I'd call that a success.
| End of day two. So so thrilled with the crown they made. |
| So much so she pretty much wore it all afternoon. |
Wednesday was a whole new story. Fittingly, Wednesday's theme was "Worry About Nothing Instead Pray About Everything". Nora was completely fine during song time. Then the kids started leaving the church and heading towards their activity. Cue the waterworks. I had to walk down to her activity with her and she still didn't want me to leave. So, we said a prayer about being worried and a little scared about today. Worked wonders. After just a couple of minutes I left. I knew I'd get a call from the Youth Director if she wouldn't stop crying so I also prayed about not worrying. Prayers answered all around. When we came back to get her she was jumping up and down proclaiming, "I didn't cry at all after you left!" Score.
| With my girl for her final day of VBS! Love her to pieces. |
Oh, did I mention, the first day I totally cried when I dropped her off?! Yup. I'd like to blame it a little on the pregnancy hormones but I had tears. I just kept thinking of her going to school in just a couple of months and she walked away from me and to her group so easily. That's exactly what I want for her and I hope she loves school but I am going to be a wreck on the first day of school. I've already told myself I can't let her see me cry or she'll think I'm sad or there's something to be sad/scared about. Hold it together, woman!
No comments:
Post a Comment