The inevitable has happened. Despite it taking much longer than I would have placed money on, Myles has finally discovered the joys of crawling out of his crib. And really, it was perfect timing in my opinion. With baby sister on the way, I wanted to transition Myles to a toddler bed before we moved him in with Nora so he had some time to get used to that first. So after a few days of crawling out, I decided it was the perfect time to convert the crib to a toddler bed -- and not to mention, just more safe.
| He was very excited and proud, as you can tell. |
| He kept saying, "big boy!" |
| The first night, I flanked a body pillow along the bed in case he fell out. It's a great item to jump out of bed onto. Clearly. |
That first night couldn't have gone better. He talked to himself for a while but never crawled out. Before I went to bed, I checked on him. Completely zonked, probably dreaming of other things to jump from and climb on.
In August, we plan on moving Myles in with Nora so the new baby can have her own room to cry in and not disturb either of the kids. I think they'll both love sharing a room and I'm sure some nights, a bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment