Sunday, June 16, 2013

Father's Day

This Father's Day, Dan was half a world away.  Literally.  He was in China so we thought ahead packed him a super-secret Father's Day package to open while he was away.  
All his kids' creations were put in this
very official envelope and tucked into his suitcase.

A glued and glittered sign that only Nora
could help create.
(Sorry for the rotation of this picture - it
wouldn't flip!)

This is my favorite.  It was one of those fill-in-
the-blanks-all-about-dad-from-the-mouth-of-a-
three-year-old kinds of things. I'd like to do this
every year for Father's Day.  I just have to
remember to do it again next year.

Nora also wanted to draw a picture of him.
I added the quote she told me when she was
done.  It says, "This is a picture of Daddy.
He's smiling because  he likes me."

And these are the cards they each made for him.
Again- sorry about the rotation.

I hope his top secret Father's Day envelope made him smile and feel loved from the other side of the world even though we couldn't physically be there with him.  

****

Back in the U.S. I was in Wisconsin with the kids to celebrate with the other fathers in my life.  For the past few years, my Grandpa has wanted to take a walk along a trail and then out for lunch.  It's been years since I've gone (I think since Nora has been born) so it was nice to be back with them again for a few hours.
Me with the man of the hour.

Second cousins.
Reagan - my cousin, Ryan, and his wife's daughter.

The walk and the time playing outside at the
restaurant with Myles and Reagan did her in.
She fell asleep on the way to Grandma and
Grandpas.  So out that even when we got
there and I turned off the car, she stayed
sleeping for 15 more minutes.

We had dinner with another amazing father.
Kids are bathed and ready for the ride home
already in their pjs.

But not before a little curiosity.  Any
dibs on how long it takes him to figure out
how to unlock the gate? 

Happy Father's Day to all the special fathers in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment