We went to pick out our Christmas tree this weekend. We found out that Costco was selling trees this year but... they were all pre-wrapped so you just had to blindly pick one and hope you weren't getting a Charlie Brown Christmas tree. I didn't want to do that. I more so didn't want to do that because I like going to a lot (or, you know... Home Depot) holding up a tree, turning it and and trying another one until you find that one tree that's just right for you. So after rearranging the car seats, we were off to pick out our tree.
 |
| This one had our name on it! |
We got it home and into the stand that very night so the branches could begin to fall so we could decorate it over the weekend.
 |
You might be able to catch a glimpse of Dan's trusty helper between his legs. |
 |
| She's doing her part to help stabilize the tree. |
When the tree was up, Nora all of a sudden ran into the kitchen. You could hear her going into a cupboard and she came back with Clorox wipes. Dan and I just looked at each other. He said, "I don't know what she's doing but I kinda want to find out." I responded by saying, "That's why I haven't taken those away yet."
 |
Apparently she thought the tree stand was too dirty. |
 |
She proceeded to wipe down the entire tree stand and the floor around it. She's a neat freak sometimes! |
Then Rusty got some much needed cuddle time.
 |
| What are you lookin' at? |
 |
| Every boy has to have a dog growing up. |
The following day, we began decorating.
 |
| Our foreman. |
 |
It's my tradition to watch Christmas Vacation while putting up the tree. Nora was getting in on the action. |
After the lights were on (by the way -- this year we did a combo of white and red lights... I'm liking it) Dan had an idea to take a hot chocolate break. It was Nora's first time drinking
hot warm chocolate.
 |
| Waiting is the hardest part. |
 |
| So she helped me blow. |
 |
| Kisses! |
 |
| First sip! |
 |
| And she went back for more and more and more. |
 |
| Helping put in the ornaments. |
 |
| Brother and sister relaxing in the crib together after decorating. |
We also got out all our other Christmas decorations including the advent wreath, a personal favorite of Nora's because of this...
Now our house reflects the spirit we're all feeling! Only 23 days until Christmas!
No comments:
Post a Comment