Thursday, November 24, 2011

Turkey Day

As always, it was great to see our extended family this Thanksgiving.  The food was great and the company was even better.  The day also set an excitement off in me -- I'm looking forward to Christmas.  Not sure if it's because I know Nora will be more into it this year or what exactly but I want to get out there and keep shopping.  I want to get out my decorations and make the house look cute.  I want to get a tree and have the house smell of pine...

Oh, right.  This post is supposed to be about Thanksgiving.  Unfortunately, I didn't get many pictures on Thanksgiving at all.  You see, Nora's stranger danger/separation anxiety was at an all time high.  She would barely leave my arms.  Just when I thought she was getting more comfortable she'd practically be in tears again.  

Luckily after some ham, a quieter and emptier room, and
my Aunt Diana, Nora seemed more herself.  

This particular turkey was pardoned.

Check out the back of the shirt!  Complete with feathers!!

Nora was no better at the Guenther-Sowinski Thanksgiving.  Quite a bit clingy.  That was until the was able to take off her shirt (she spilled water on it) and she found a shower she could step in and out of and close and open the door repeatedly.  Fun, I tell you! 

Look at that post-Thanksgiving
dinner belly!!

In and out.  Open and closed.
Repeat.

Brother-sister time. 

Partners in crime.  They are perfect pair.

Golf ball hunting the day after Thanksgiving in the field
by Pat's house.  (it backs a golf course)

Of course baby had to come too!


A great Thanksgiving weekend was had by all of us.  It is always nice to spend time with the family again.  But it's also nice to come back home.  Tired from a long and busy weekend, I'm heading to my own bed...

No comments:

Post a Comment