It started out like any other Saturday. It was a beautiful 60+ degree day in November. It felt so good out you didn't even mind being outside to rake - in fact, you enjoyed it.
| Myles was able to take a snooze AND get fresh air wrapped in the Moby. |
| Nora, my helper. |
After the raking was done, it was time to come in and watch the Badger game. Half of the household was interested in other things though.
| Fixated by the flashing lights on his play mat. |
| And big sister gets under there too. Because if Myles is doing it, she wants to also. |
| ooohhhh.... lights.... |
The day was winding down and daylight savings was looming. I said to Dan, "I'm looking forward to falling asleep early on the couch."
I should have known by saying something like that I would have jinxed it.
9:06pm. I let Rusty out the back door to go to the bathroom one last time. He runs out and then I saw it...
| dun dun dun.... right there in our backyard. |
"RUSTY, NO! RUSTY!" Dan flies into the kitchen and I just say, "Rusty's getting skunked." What can you do at that point!?
Rusty comes to the door but the skunk is hot on his tail and continuing to spray. "Don't let him in!" I didn't want a freshly sprayed Rusty to come in the house and roll around on the carpet but the skunk wasn't going away. Dan grabs the broom, sticks his hand out the kitchen door and proceeds to hit the skunk three times before it finally ran away.
Dan took Rusty into the garage and held paper towels up to his oozing eyes (he got sprayed right in the face) meanwhile I was calling pet stores (all which of course closed at 9) asking what works best to get out skunk smell and looking online for other remedies. After a few extremely smelly minutes, we brought him inside to begin damage control.
The house reeked and so did Rusty. Six baths later (a mixture of vinegar and water for two, Natures Miracle Skunk Deodorizer for one, and shampoo for the other three) and he's much better. Notice I didn't say smelling like roses. You get whiffs of it once in a while but for the most part he's better.
Sunday, we were sitting in church and kept getting waves of skunk smell which made us think it was on our clothes. Luckily, I don't really think it was.
| Our very clean dog. He had a rough weekend. |
| And now he's tired. |
| Exhausted, really. |
As for our house: after hours of burning many of these...
and simmering up this concoction
| a bit of water, red wine, vanilla, and cinnamon. |
we are all doing well. Here's to a better week!
No comments:
Post a Comment