Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Little Miss Thang

Labor Day weekend is quickly approaching.  Temperatures are starting to cool slightly.  Summer is coming to an end.  And school is back in session here in Illinois.  A couple of weeks ago my old co-workers headed back to work for meetings and have already started teaching.  Seeing all the back-to-school supplies at Target and hearing all the talk about class-sizes, setting up their classroom, etc. makes me want to confess something.  

I don't miss it.  

There, I said it.  Sure, I loved being in the classroom when I was there but I'd much rather stay home with my kiddos.  Some people just aren't the type that can stay home.  They want to work.  More power to them -- I'm just not one of them.  I like that I can just pop in and visit my co-workers then head right back out that door.  Otherwise, I'd miss some of this...


Nora gets under the activity mat to snuggle with
Myles every time he's under there.  

She finally remembered how to put the paci in her own
mouth.  Luckily, she usually puts it in with a smile on her
face, pretending to suck it until we say, "Hey... that's not
for you" in a weird voice.  Then she spits it out onto the
floor.  But this time, I just had to get out the camera as she
sat her booty in the bouncy seat with the paci.  Geesh.

This is the image that inspired the title of this post.
Little Miss Thang wore her sunglasses throughout
her breakfast this morning. 

And socks... because Daddy puts socks
on in the morning.  And she's starting
to be a copy-cat lately.

TOO cute!  She wanted to hold him,
got him, and gave him a BIG hug.

My little sweeties.  

LOVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment