Tuesday, August 16, 2011

3 down, 1 to go

This week marks Dan's final week of paternity leave {sad face}.  We've all grown accustom to having him be home with us.  I think Nora especially will miss having a willing partner to sit on the steps with her.  

The first three weeks of being a family of four has been great.  But with Dan home, it's also been a little easier.  I've got someone to help entertain Nora while I'm feeding Myles.  I can quick hop in the shower even if it's not nap time.  I can even cook dinner without trying to hold her at the same time (sometimes...)  Next week, when Dan's back at work is when my real work begins.  I'm a little nervous about it but also anxious to get back to having a routine (and I use that term loosely as I know a routine is something that is always changing with a newborn.)  

Nora has been adjusting very well to having a baby brother around to share attention and parents with.  Of course, there are times when I'm feeding Myles and she only wants me - so I'll pull her up on my lap and she sits on my knees pointing to his nose, ears, cheeks, fingers, and anything else she can.  Kisses are endless.  She hasn't tried to pick him up yet, but I know that'll come with time.  

Anyway - here are some... ok LOTS... of pictures of what we've been up to for the last three weeks starting at the hospital.  

Nora got a present when she came to meet Myles in the hospital.
Nora meets Myles for the first time...

and immediately "honks" his nose!  :)

Daddy and Nora looking down at all the cars from the hospital window.

Going home is a special day and a great reason to get all dressed up.
Check out that tie!!

What a sweetie - sharing Guy with her brother.

First family photo!

When we first came home, Nora was sick and only wanted mom.
Difficult considering I just gave birth, but we made it work.
We are all taking a much needed rest.

Myles met Grandma Grandma Sowinski.

All bundled up snoozing on Dad's chest.

"Hey Mom, this is my new brother!"

"Wow! I can even see him from here!"

Myles took his first bath like a champ.  Didn't cry at all.

Enjoying the weather - in the sun and the shade.

Fresh air makes me sleepy.

lounging while my sister....

still plays in the pool.
and makes sure I don't get sun burned. 

Nora enjoys a snack after her nap.
Myles also met Grandma Grandma Guenther

and Nora's bestie, Mallory.  

All spread out.

Dan picked a flower from the garden to put in Nora's hair.

'Nuff said

We went to Wisconsin to meet some of my family including Grandpa Grandpa.

Myles with my Uncle Greg.  (He's lucky Grandpa was willing to give him
up for a while so someone else could hold him.  Grandpa is known
to hoard the newborn babies! :)  

But as soon as he was done eating lunch, he took him back.

Dad with the water baby.

She loves sticking her head in the hose - even if the water that comes out is COLD. 

And if the hose isn't on... just stick your head in!


Plumber Nora

Happiness

Her latest trick... being a monkey and hanging from the counters!


No comments:

Post a Comment