Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Slime!


Our contractors for the bathroom were scheduled to come today so it was a stay home day for us.  I thought I'd take advantage of our time and do an activity with the kids (since it was too hot to go to the playground for this mama). 

I've had it on my list for a while to make slime and now that I had the Borax for it, it was finally time.  

First, you take nearly an entire bottle of clear school glue
and dump it into a bowl.

Add a quarter cup of water. 

A few drops of food coloring of your choice.

And stir.

Then add a cup of water mixed with a teaspoon of borax
to the glue mixture.

And squish and stir to combine and watch {and feel}
it turn to slime!



"Look at my mustache."



"Dine-doe"
translation... dinosaur.
They were both making them.




"Mama, it's on my arms!"

Monkey see, monkey do.  This is his mustache too.


This was definitely an enjoyable activity for them.  They always love to help with the prep but they really enjoyed playing with the slime once it was made.  And it was super easy to put together.  I'll keep this one in my back pocket for another fall day when I've got a newborn to cuddle.

No comments:

Post a Comment