We made a detour to go apple picking on our way back to Wisconsin Saturday. Perfect day for it. The kids were looking forward to it. For the last 30 minutes of the drive Myles kept saying, "mama, apple picking now".
As soon as you cross the street to get to the orchard you see {and smell} the fresh hot apple cider donuts. If you don't know... our family has a thing for donuts. We kind of love them.
| So obviously, we got a couple. |
| And some cider. Best apple cider donut I've ever had. |
After filling our bellies we were ready to pick some apples.
| Ready! |
| Teaching her how to wipe the apples off on your shirt before sampling. |
| There's nothing like an apple straight from the tree. |
| He was so into apple picking. His basket was half full before Nora had 4 in hers. He just kept pulling them off the branches. |
| Our climber found a tree to climb. |
| Combining their small baskets into the one larger basket we were paying for. |
I was behind the camera most of the morning so I was glad when Dan offered to take a few of me with the kids.
| Giving Sister kisses. |
We had lunch (oh my, the chicken pot pies... drool) then made our own caramel apples.
I thought he'd love these. He was more interested in the pile of sprinkles that we put into the container to dip our apples in.
| Fork full of sprinkles. Sure. |
Came home with a bunch of apples I have lots of plans for. Hopefully, I'll be able to do one or two of them. My mouth is watering just thinking about the baked goods and the smell of the apple sauce wafting through the house. I love apple picking.
No comments:
Post a Comment