To say she was excited was an understatement.
She was completely ready. She surprised me. I thought she'd be nervous but I guess the classroom visit did its just and dissolved all those nerves which calmed my nerves too. Her excitement was rubbing off of me. I couldn't stop smiling. Or taking pictures. So excuse the plethora of pictures but I could decide on a just a couple to share... there are lots. But the first day of school ever calls for lots of pictures so that's ok.
| As I mentioned, she's into making silly faces for pictures. |
| Myles was getting jealous of all the pictures of Nora so he joined in for a few. |
It was time to drive to school.
| We found Mallory outside taking pictures too. |
| Waiting for the green light to go into her classroom. |
Friday was a practice day of sorts too. Only half of the class was there at a time (five students). And school was only an hour. Parents dropped kids off like normal, students stayed for only one hour and went through an accelerated schedule, then were picked up again. Monday is the real deal. All kids. The entire time. 12:30-3:00
Time to go in!
| She hung up her back pack. |
| Found her play-doh which has her shape on it. A black bunny. |
| And got right to work. |
| I gave her a kiss, said bye and waved at the doorway but she didn't even look up. She was ready. |
![]() |
| This is the smiling face I picked up at 1:30. |
She ran up to me when I got there, hugged my legs, and yelled, "I loved-ed it! And I didn't even cry! I can't wait to come back!" I couldn't have asked for a better situation. So thankful.
{side note: mommy didn't even cry either}
![]() |
| After school, Mallory and Nora were treated to frozen yogurt and Menchies! |
I think this will be her official first day picture. Every year, I'll take a picture just like this one. Doesn't matter which others we get as long as I get a picture like this. Ideally I'd like to do it on the last day as well to get a side-by-side of first and last day to see the change throughout the school year.





Love those last two with all the precious memories! So sweet with Myles too.
ReplyDelete