I got this in the mail today. St. Paul is starting their summer reading program. When you read a book throughout the summer, you add a {paper} scoop of ice cream to your {paper} cone with the name of the book you've read (or in Nora's case -- had read to her). Then in August, right before school starts, they're having an ice cream social. You bring your reading ice cream cone with you and they'll hang it in your classroom for when school starts.
Used the tracer they enclosed to make lots of scoops to add.
Dan looked at the pamphlet and commented about her going to school. He asked if I was ready for that. I laughed and reminded him I cried the first day of VBS so no, I'm not ready. But I am.
Last fall when we signed her up for pre-k it just seemed so far off. But now, we're reading for a reading program, getting physicals, awaiting the supply list, looking for backpacks. It's really happening, people! We are really going to have a child in school. Whoa.
Whoa.
I suppose a program like this is a good reminder to prepare myself. My little girl is growing up. I'm ready. Looking forward to walking in her classroom that first day and finding her ice cream cone proudly hung on the wall.
No comments:
Post a Comment