Saturday, July 27, 2013

Party Time: Construction Style

To celebrate Myles' second birthday, I wanted to think of a good theme.  A construction party was an obvious choice for a boy who loves diggers, loaders, bulldozers, cement mixers, and basically anything that moves. It was a quick and easy theme to throw together (especially when the big Tonka trucks were something Gram already had).  I could go over the top and spend many,  many hours putting things together and crafting to make it look perfect but to be honest... I didn't want to.  Simple as that.  I did a few things that didn't take too long at all it and it was great.  




I ordered construction hats for the kids
at the party.  Claire was sporting hers here.

Closing his eyes as his big present is taken out of the garage.

Peeking...


"WOW!"


A huge hit for everyone.  




Just a reminder for the next few pictures - it is July.
You would never guess it by the attire being worn but it's
true.  It was only 60 something with a cold wind all day.

Glad I didn't plan a pool party!

Happy Happy Boy 




Individual dirt cakes for a
construction party seemed fitting.
And check out those truck candle holders!

Happy Birthday, Buster.

The King with two Queens

No comments:

Post a Comment