Friday, April 5, 2013

Say "Ahhhh"

Today, Nora had her first dentist appointment.  We've been talking about it a lot with her - explaining what will happen so she's somewhat prepared.  Plus, there's an advertisement before one of the Doc McStuffins episodes we have DVRed that shows a little boy in a dentist's chair brushing an alligator's teeth with an over-sized toothbrush.  Every time we see that I point out that the boy gets to sit in a very special chair when he goes to the dentist.  To add to it - Michelle, a friend of mine, just posted a picture of her son in the dentist's chair on Instagram, so I showed her that her friends go to the dentist too.

To say she did well is an understatement.  She was so excited and didn't even show any signs of apprehension.  I thought she'd do well but she did better than I expected.

She was obviously excited about the glasses.


They moved up and down!


She got to brush an animal's teeth while
the dentist wore really goofy glasses.


She loved that the chair moved up and down
and she almost layed down in it.


Oh... did I mention I had to bring Myles along?  I thought
Dan was working from home since it was a Friday but he
had to go downtown.  That's ok.... we did alright together.


I know this isn't that greatest picture
but what I love about it is he's
leaning on the door from trying to put off
a Mr. Cool vibe but if you look at his eyes,
he's thinking about jetting outta this joint.


I brought along the iPad to keep him
entertained but he didn't use it much. Too
many other things to explore.


Nora wasn't even scared when they had all
the tools in her mouth.  I was so impressed
with how well the dentist explained each and
every tool before putting it near her mouth
so she wasn't at all afraid.  She was the best.


All clean.


And NO CAVITIES!
Now it's time to pick a prize from the prize box
(a purple bracelet) to add to her goodie bag
(a toothbrush, toothpaste, and a dental mirror).


When sister was all done Myles even got to
test drive the chair.  The dentist even moved
it up and down for him.  Like I said, the best.

Believe it or not, she's already looking forward to going back in six months.  The appointment is scheduled a week before my due date so... we'll see! 

No comments:

Post a Comment