Friday, September 16, 2011

Moms & Tots

This morning, Nora and I went to the first of a six week class called Moms & Tots through church.  While Myles snoozed in the car seat...


Nora and I participated in lots of fun activities together.  It's taught by a mom who was a pre-school teacher before she quit to stay home with her girls.  She was great!  We started off with rug time where we sang songs and danced.  Because it's through our church, the songs were about God.  I'm telling you, it was really nice to sing songs about our bodies AND God, something you don't get through the Park District classes. (our bodies was today's theme - next week... pigs!) It made me excited knowing this is the message she'll be getting all day long once she's in school since she'll be going to St. Paul.  Nora started off kind of shy but slowly began dancing and doing the motions with the others.

Next, was exploration time where we went from numerous stations.  Nora was quite comfortable by then.  She headed off to the painting station before I could even get up!  

With her smock on, she was ready to paint.

I love this picture but it kind of makes me sad.  She's
growing up SO quickly. 


Her masterpiece now hangs proudly on our fridge. 

From the painting station, we moved to the station with toys.  It's like they knew we were coming... they had SUNNIES! and microphones, and mirrors, and those sticks that you shake that make funny noises.  

She used the microphone like chapstick.


Her bestie, Mal, is in the class too.  

After that, we played with bubbles.

Oh... and the sunglasses didn't come off for the
remainder of the class.  


 And finally we colored a little girl.


Then it was snack time while Mrs. Young read a book.  



I did awesome at class. 


No comments:

Post a Comment