Tuesday, April 12, 2011

sun kissed

Busy week + GREAT weekend = lots of pictures to share!

Last week, some days were rainy and cooler so we:

Played inside one rainy day.

Baked cookies for Uncle Greg another day.

Chocolate & Peanut Butter Chip to be exact.

Luckily for me, there were some that didn't fit into the package! (and Greg, I really hope they weren't all crushed by the time you got them)

Learned where our belly buttons are.

Had a play date with her bestie, Mal.

Took a walk with Mal and her mom, Lindsay, at the forest preserve. Clearly a little too close to nap time.

Finally got to play outside when it wasn't so muddy.

Got a little dirty.

Watched many planes go overhead.

Shared a snack of chips and salsa with Dad.


And perfected the game of peek-a-boo.



Then... the weekend.

The glorious, sunny, and hot-enough-for-shorts-and-tank-tops-weekend.



With the help of Dan's mom, we are re-surfacing our kitchen cabinets.

So I started my project of painting the hardware. First, I let them soak in water and vinegar for an hour or so.

After they were scrubbed and dried I set them up on cardboard for the first coat.

Sprayed them with a primer.

But I don't have a finished product to show you. Yet.

Dan also replaced our front light with a more up-to-date version. Works great!


And I spent some time practicing with my mega-zoom lens and got some great shots.


Had lots of birds at the feeder.

Another other unwanted pests.

Which made us get one of these. Those crafty squirrels ate through the rubbermaid bin we had been storing our bird seed in.






Sunday was in the mid-80s and felt oh-so-good. Proud to say I didn't get sunburned but I did get a little lighter shade of pale. Nora had a blast playing with her splash table for the first time (she got it for her birthday)


Laughs with every pour that made the water wheel move and splash her.




Not every pour made it in the cup. After the initial shock of getting the cup dumped on her she laughed up a storm and loved being soaked.


Being in shorts also meant the first scraped knee. It didn't seem to phase her.


Maybe that was because she enjoyed some of Dad's beer to help numb the pain. (No, she really didn't have any... the bottle was empty.)

And what better way to end the weekend than with a beautiful sunset in your backyard.




Hope your weekend was every bit of wonderful as ours.

No comments:

Post a Comment