Saturday, October 2, 2010

Mad Town

The family took a mini road trip today. We bundled up for the first real fall feeling day and headed to Madison to visit Greg. It was great to spend some time with him and finally get to see one of his college places. I love the atmosphere in Madison but I must say, when I saw his roommate on the couch studying... I don't miss that.

We got to take in the farmers market, which I haven't done in years. And still, I came home with some old favorites -- hot and spicy cheese bread (didn't come home with much left though!) and peanut butter chocolate chip bread! Delicious! Then we walked to the Henry Vilas Zoo. Nora's first zoo trip. It's a neat zoo -- small, but you're really close to all the animals. Kinda creepy when there's only 10 feet and a chain link fence between you and a tiger! Allows you to see how large they truly are. Finally, we grabbed a bite to eat and headed home. Nora did very well despite being exhausted at the end. She fell asleep within 3 minutes of pulling away from Greg's!

Wisconsin State Capital




Nora's hand compared to a male orangutan.




The giraffes were separated from one another because they had been sparing.

Polar Nora

Me, Nora and Greg with a huge bear in the background.

We had a great time at the zoo

but it was nice to get home. Rusty was glad to see us, too.

Once we were home, we had a little time to play.

Then it was time to get ready for bed with a bath...

You can see her two teeth in this picture!


and books.

sleeping soundly in halloween pjs (after all, it is October) after another great day.


No comments:

Post a Comment