Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Las Vegas

Dan and I spent the weekend in Vegas. It was my first time there and let me tell you -- that place is like no other. Where else can you see the Eiffel Tower and Egyptian Pyramids in the same place? I'm not much of a gambler but I did enjoy putting money (and winning!) on the Badgers. I think sports betting was by far the most fun. Saw the Cirque show "O"... bizarre but I enjoyed it. The Bellagio was, I think, the best hotel there we saw. The fountain show was very impressive. The most adrenaline pumping activity had to have been "The Big Shot" ride. It's a ride that's on the top of the Stratosphere -- similar to the Tower of Terror -- you get shot up in the air and brought back down again about 4 times.... very high. I almost chickened out. Dan went first (I said, sorry... can't do it) He told me it really wasn't all that bad and I could do it so I went... hung on for dear life, but I did it! We had a great time together but I was also happy to get back home to give Nora a kiss. Dan will be there until Thursday evening. Nora and I skyped with him this morning and she kept touching the computer screen trying to get at him -- super adorable... as per usual. :)

Anyway -- here are the pics in no particular order.

This is the wedding chapel featured in the movie "The Hangover"

Jimmy Buffet was putting on a concert.


The Bellagio at night

One of the rides on top of the Stratosphere. Goes over the edge... no way.

The ride I was referring to shoots up this spire.

Blown glass ceiling at the Bellagio. The artist is a man from Madison.

The fountain show

The Stratosphere -- 1,149 feet tall




No comments:

Post a Comment