This Mother's Day was a special one. Nora got to perform two songs with the little kids (preschool through second grade) in her Sunday school group for their last day of the school year. And what made it even more special was that Daddy, Myles, Gram, Grandma, Grandpa, Uncle Greg, Jess, and both Gramma Grammas were there to watch. I think I was more excited to watch than she was to sing!
| Despite how this picture looks she really was excited to sing in church. |
We had been practicing Glory Be (one of her faves from Sunday school) and Father Abraham all week in preparation. She loved doing all the motions along with the song. She was looking forward to the party with cupcakes and a movie after singing too. But then as they were lined up in the back of church, stage fright set in. She later told me she thought I was going to leave while she was singing (which kind of makes sense considering I left the line to go to the bathroom and didn't tell her). So we were just about to walk to the front and I see her in tears. Hence the sad looking Nora you see in the picture above.
| Then the nerves set in so of course, she lifts her dress. Classic Sunday school performance. There's always "that kid" who's lifting up their dress or picking their nose. |
| Then while they were singing Glory Be she noticed herself on the screen and didn't look away nearly the entire time. |
| After they sang, she sat with two of her friends - Amilie and Mallory - watching the big kids put on a puppet show before she went down to celebrate the last day. |
After church, everyone came back to our house for lunch and dessert to celebrate Mother's Day. It was a very nice day with everyone. One thing I wish I could do differently - get a picture of me with my kiddos!! Next year.
No comments:
Post a Comment