I've been patiently waiting for Nora to turn three so she could start all the fun classes through the park district like dance and gymnastics. So as soon as the spring brochure came out, I signed her up for Kidnastics -- gymnastics for three and four year olds.
As the first day approached, she was getting more and more excited to go. She was thrilled on Monday morning - and I was just as thrilled when she ran right over to the rest of the kids leaving me in the dust.
There were three different "coaches" there. The kids rotated through the stations twice. When they went through the second time, they did different activities.
| Watching from was proud that this time I wasn't the mom in this picture holding my shy and nervous daughter while watching the rest of the kids. |
| Watching the coach to learn how to do mule kicks. |
| They stood on their heads as the coach helped them put their legs up on the angled mat. Nora was in her own world roaming the mats during this part. |
| Meeting another coach. He did animal walks with them (ie: walk like an elephant and swing your arm like a trunk, reach tall and walk on tippy toes like a giraffe, run fast like a cheetah, etc.) |
| Here they are doing the giraffe walk. |
| Log rolls down the wedge. |
| And somersaults! |
| This little man watching from the sidelines tried to make a break for the equipment a few times but... |
| stayed fairly content playing games on the iPad. |
| The balance beam was one of her favorite stations. They started on the little beam here walking from color to color. |
| Then went to the big beam and worked on "stick landings". (and walking sideways like she is here) |
| The spring board. |
| And jumping up to the mat stack and back down. |
| The bars - they'd swing on this one then they tried to hang and swing their feet up to touch the bar by their hands. |
| I said he was fairly content with the iPad. This was the other thing keeping him occupied. Climbing up the three bleachers. |
| and taking the stairs back down. |
I know she's already looking forward to next Monday. When we were getting in the car she said, "I had lots of fun there. Can we come back tomorrow?" A reaction like that means money well spent, if you ask me!
No comments:
Post a Comment