Saturday, February 9, 2013

Saturday

Today, we took the kids into the city to see "Uncle's" new apartment.  (Nora calls her Uncle Greg simply, Uncle. It's no secret I kind of love it.)

It's a great spacious place with high ceilings.
Perfect - especially if you're three. 

And guess what... Uncle had Bubble Guppies!

Yesterday, I mentioned I was hoping the weather would cooperate... and it did.  After we got home from Uncle's and took a little nap we decided to go sledding again since it was supposed to rain the following day.

With Dan along, we could bring Rusty too.  I tried
bringing Rusty the first time but got SUPER frustrated
before we even got to the park so put Rusty back
in the house.  I think you can tell from all the running
that he was thrilled to be along.


And because Dan was along, I got to bring my camera and got lots
more pictures this time.  


Nora carrying up her own sled... her choice.
Dan came to me and said, "I don't know how we're doing
it but we're raising independent kids but we are.  I asked
her if she wanted to take her sled up or if she wanted me to
and she told me, 'I will Dad because I have strong muscles.
I love my muscles'."




Myles barely got his butt out of this sled.  I loved going down and getting
pulled back up.  When he'd get back to the top, he'd lunge his body
forward to help propel the sled down the hill.  


Best. Dog. Ever.


The rare occasion he was out of the sled.


She wanted to go down together. 


Down they go!  They loved sledding together.



When we got home, we finished watching Cinderella
from last night's movie night while drinking hot
chocolate. 



I'm so glad she's loving sledding now.  She's asked to go numerous times since - even since there's barely any snow left.  If we get anymore snow, I'll take them again.  It really helps that there's a hill within walking distance because I'll be honest... I don't know if I would go as much if there wasn't.

1 comment:

  1. Love the independence - girl power! And Myles in the sled is precious.

    ReplyDelete