Saturday, February 23, 2013

Kohl Children's Museum

We're looking for new and fun things to do during the weekend since the weather is still cold and we can't play outside too much.  I've been wanting to test out the Kohl Children's Museum in Glenview for a while now.  I've heard good things about it and after experiencing such an amazing one in Greensboro while visiting Dan last year, I really wanted to go sooner rather than later.  The day had finally come where we went.

The kids loved it -- especially Myles.  Before we left, we ended up getting a yearly membership.  If we go a total of three times throughout the year, it's worth the membership price.  

Here's what our trip looked like -- 

The Car Room -


There was also a "car wash" they could go in and
get the blow of air on them as they're coming out.

The Doctor's Office -

Nora loved this place.

A real stethoscope! 

Video Calls -

They didn't know how to hang up
the phone - probably never saw one
like this in their lives.

With all the fun things to explore, it's
also nice to take a break and stand in
a box to people watch.

Land of Oz - 
a plinko type game





Music and Movement -
DJ Milo

This picture makes me think of a kindergarten hearing screening
when you have to raise your hand when you hear the beep.  So serious.

Of course he found the shoes you can
step into.  There's no place like home!

A drum!!
Those little colored pebbles at the bottom bounced around when
he'd bang. This was his favorite thing in this room.



Water World - 

This was, by far, Myles' favorite section of the
entire museum.  They had these waterproof
smocks to wear while they played to prevent from
a complete soaking.



Another mom said to me, "He learned really
quickly he needs the big net if he wants to catch
a ball." Yup - he's smart like that.


When we were all done, they had little hand
dryers to dry off.  Another big hit.



A digger!!


 Potbelly's - 

Surprisingly, this was Nora's favorite part.
I thought the grocery store would be but this
was the part she wanted to come back to before leaving.

She got to be a sandwich artist and the cashier.

Future teenage job?


Another favorite part of Myles', and as you could guess, many other kids.
So they time it and give each group of kids 10 minutes at a time.  Works well.

Shopping for produce.

He wanted to throw everything in his cart.


Time to check out!
My favorite thing about Dominic's was the check out beeped when
you scanned the bar codes on all the items.  Realistic! 

Face (Self) Painting -

When we got to this part I felt much, much better.  Throughout the museum,
I kept seeing kids with terrible face paintings and thought -- whoa, they
need to find a better artist for face painting.
I gave Nora an easy rainbow.

I gave Myles some whiskers.
Nora added some finishing touches.
(Side note: I have a really funny idea for next time.)

ROAR!



No comments:

Post a Comment