Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Pinterest Find: tub "paint"

I'm obsessed with Pinterest.  I've been on Pinterest for quite a few months already and I fully expected it to lose it's appeal by now... but it hasn't.  

For those of you who are saying, "Huh?  Pinterest?" it's a virtual pin board of sorts.  Others "pin" things they've found online such as recipes, home decorating ideas, things to do with your kids, etc.  The list goes on and on.  And you can pin those things into different categories and keep all your super great internet finds/ideas/things you want to try all in one glorious place.

I've found lots of delicious new treats to try like these yummy things (they're addicting...seriously, I dare you to have just one).  Discovered a new take on snacks like this for Nora to gobble down.  And even found new ways to upcycle like this to keep some things in order in the cupboard.

Oh, right.... this post is about my kids, not my love for pinterest (which is were this idea came from too)  When I saw this pin, I thought it was a very easy and quick one to implement - something I could do right away that night.  So I did.  All I had to do was add a little food coloring to Dan's shaving cream and voila... tub paint!  She could "paint" the sides of the tub and the surrounding tile.  


diggin' in

painting the tub

and her brother

just like her daddy does it

a happy participant 


One of these days I'll put a variety of colors in cupcakes tins as the pin suggested but I wanted to start small (and make sure she not only enjoyed it but that the food coloring didn't tint the tub)  I think I'd also give her foam brushes so she could actually paint with it rather than just using her hands.

Thanks, Pinterest for making me a more creative mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment