Six months old and he's...
SIX MONTHS!!
Really?! Whoa.
sitting up all by himself!
had a taste of formula
started solids
- sweet potatoes
- squash
- carrots
- peas
- bananas
still not sleeping through the night
(but now that I don't have to feed him at night anymore, we're working on that again)
jumping like a crazy man in his jumper
bigger! (yeah!!)
definitely not able to fit in three month clothing anymore
gotten his first fever
gotten over the whole eating naked thing
| check out the chunk on those legs! |
| A very proud smile for sitting next to Freddie this month. |
Alright -- I know there are lots of him in the tie, but he just looked so darn handsome in the pictures I couldn't decide on just one.
Official Six Month Stats:
height - 26 1/8 inches (25%)
weight - 16 lbs 2.5 oz (22% - woo hoo!)
With all the weight issues last month, I called the lactation consultant to find out what I could do, if anything, to help boost my supply for the little guy. I started taking the herbal supplement fenugreek and began feeding Myles every two hours during the day and twice throughout the night. I knew he was getting used to the warm milk and cuddle time at night but I also knew I needed to bulk him up so I followed doctor's orders.
Now that he's burned through my entire supply of frozen breast milk and started eating solids, he has bounced back up to the 22nd percentile. Which also means, I no longer have to feed him at night!! I have to wean him off the night time feedings. So right now I'm still doing one feeding but that will soon be gone. The cuddles I think might be easier to get rid of but the main challenge, after the other feeding is gone, will be that blessed paci. He wakes up for that thing FAR too many times a night. There's going to be a lot of tears (on both ends) the night I don't pop it back in.
| "What's that? I've got a little drool?" |
| He's gonna be a charmer, Ladies. |
Official Six Month Stats:
height - 26 1/8 inches (25%)
weight - 16 lbs 2.5 oz (22% - woo hoo!)
With all the weight issues last month, I called the lactation consultant to find out what I could do, if anything, to help boost my supply for the little guy. I started taking the herbal supplement fenugreek and began feeding Myles every two hours during the day and twice throughout the night. I knew he was getting used to the warm milk and cuddle time at night but I also knew I needed to bulk him up so I followed doctor's orders.
Now that he's burned through my entire supply of frozen breast milk and started eating solids, he has bounced back up to the 22nd percentile. Which also means, I no longer have to feed him at night!! I have to wean him off the night time feedings. So right now I'm still doing one feeding but that will soon be gone. The cuddles I think might be easier to get rid of but the main challenge, after the other feeding is gone, will be that blessed paci. He wakes up for that thing FAR too many times a night. There's going to be a lot of tears (on both ends) the night I don't pop it back in.
No comments:
Post a Comment